Monday 26 September 2016

Blogtober 2016

A huge thank you to Sy from KarmaCraftBlog who is going to host Blogtober for me this year - it is a huge weight lifted from my shoulders.   Go check out her blog to see what you have to do to take part.  The idea is to get blogging more regularly, in the past we have blogged every day for a whole month but this year you can set your own goal of what you would like to do.  So I am going to pledge to blog a minimum of four times a week - they will probably be just very quick, snappy posts but better than my blog being totally neglected for weeks at a time!!  If you are interested then leave your blog address in the linky on Sy's Blogtober post


So whilst I am here I might as well share a card I made recently for a friend's 60th Birthday.  I was playing with new stamps and dies from Stampin' Up and managed to get two new stamp sets and two new dies sets onto one card.


The ink colours used are Mint Macaron, Dapper Denim and Flirty Flamingo.  The flowers and leaves are a new set called Penned and Painted, I love them - they are really easy to use to get a layered look to the flowers and are very easy to cut out if you use the outline stamp.  The numbers are a stamp and die set and the lacy background is a new Sizzix thinlet die set from Stampin' Up.  Fingers crossed I will make it back here for the 1st October!!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely 60th card :-) See you on the 1st!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you felt Blogtober was a huge weight to carry. I know it's difficult when lots of people are looking forward to joining in and you feel responsible for it.

    Penned and Painted is such a great set. Very forgiving, when lining up, and so versatile. You've made great use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. I am looking forward to getting my hands on some new Stampin Up colors as well - and now, maybe that die too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you all the best with it! I'm hugely admiring of anyone who stays the course. Or indeed even tries in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!! I love the visual texture on the flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...