Monday 18 April 2011

Lets Dance - Shimelle's 6x4 Love

As I mentioned on an earlier post I loved this month's sketch so much that I have done a second layout for it this time using landscape photographs.


Some more photographs from my sister Lucinda's 40th birthday party - I didn't take any of these photographs - one of my BIL's friends is hoping to become a professional photographer so he took pictures all evening for some practise.  I think it was a great idea as my photographs taken in that sort of light are usually rubbish and I usually come away from parties with maybe only one or two half decent pictures - I have printed out loads of photos from this party as they are so good.

I used Bazill cardstock, ribbons from my stash and two different border stamps.  The tiny butterfly is from a new set of Artemio stamps that I bought whilst in The Netherlands and the lace border is MME Stella & Rose 'Remember' set.  The title is done with plain chipboard Thickers and coloured with a purple Marvy pen.  The punched butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch and the pearls are from Hobby House.  The plain scalloped border is a SU punch and the doily lace borders were punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely LO Karen, I love the monochromatic effect, its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fab page Karen, lovely to see 3 pics used on a page( I am soooo naughty and often only use one, I must get out of that habit!!) I reckon they are dancing to YMCA....what do you think?..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great page, love the layers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very distinct pages from the same sketch and similar photos!! I love the border action on this page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...