Prompt 3 involves putting a kit together either from your own stash or a bought one and using the whole kit to make a big pile of pages. I have been wanting to do this for sometime now as it so different from the way that I usually work. In this class Shimelle actually made her pages before even knowing what photographs she was going to use on them. She also sent a link to a video from another class where she chopped up all the papers into different sized strips and boxes before making any pages. So I decided to bite the bullet and just go for it and the result is that I have 7 layouts and 1 double page layout made so far, layout no 8 is about to be started and I am sure there will still be enough left for layout no 9!!
So I started with an untouched kit from Sarah's Cards - Cosmo Cricket 'Tea for Two'. This kit also contained a sheet of Bingo Cards Paper from Simple Stories with a co-ordinating sticker/alpha sheet, some Basic Grey and Crate stickers, a large paper flower, some MME paperclips, a crystal leaf flourish and a couple of Pink Paislee shipping tags . I added in a sheet of Prima Reflections 'Shalimar' and as well as using the 10 sheets of Bazill cardstock that was in the kit, I added in some Kraft cardstock.
The first thing was to decide which if any of the patterned papers could be left as whole sheets and which ones had elements that could be cut out for embellishing and those were then put to one side. Then it was time to get trimmer happy and cut all the rest of the papers into various sized boxes and strips - this took a big leap of faith as at this stage I had no idea what photos I was going to use.
I used some photographs from last summer's trip to Champneys of my friend Carol and I relaxing on the patio outside our room and in the grounds.
I used a Stampin' Up butterfly punch and some adhesive gemstones to make embellishments and some pink Cosmo Cricket pink woodgrain chipboard alphabets for the title.
I will share some more layouts made for this prompt in some other blogposts.