Tuesday 26 January 2016

Memorandum Monday (or Tuesday as it has been a four day weekend!!)

I'm a bit late this week but it has been a nice long weekend so I have lots of things to report for Sian's Memorandum Monday.

The weekend kicked off early with a crafting retreat that started on Friday - it was a new retreat organised by Sue at a lovely hotel on the outskirts of Arundel.


The food was divine - I didn't get photographs but they had the biggest profiteroles I have ever seen (actually I think Wendy might have got a photograph - so I will try to remember to share once she sends them to me).  We had a lovely large crop room, with large tables so plenty of room to work, there was a shop provided by Cre8tive Online and lots of make & takes and challenges to take part in.


Katie from Cre8tive Online ran an optional class on distress inks - I have always struggled with using the blending tool so decided to give the class a go. I can proudly report that I have learnt new skills and can now blend - there will be no stopping me now and I didn't realise that you could do so much with the distress inks.  Once I have finished making all my samples I will have a nice little book to refer to.


I shared a table with Wendy


and Elizabeth and Amanda


The shop was right behind me


So no shock that some new stash came home with me!!!!


It was over all too quickly but the good news is that the same weekend has been booked for next year!!

And then the weekend carried on into Monday with a trip to Brighton - we met up with these guys at the Marina for drinks, chatter and a meal, before going onto the Dome that evening to see Steven Wilson in concert - another new thing for me this weekend, we have only recently started listening to his music and this was our first time seeing him live - it was absolutely brilliant!!



I'm absolutely shattered now - it is back to reality, getting on with the laundry, shopping, house stuff and slowly unpacking my retreat stuff.  I will try and share the stuff that I made over the weekend very soon!!

If you fancy sharing about your weekend, the new things that you did or new things that you learnt then hop over to see Sian at From High in the Sky and give her a wave!!

7 comments:

  1. I would absolutely love to have taken that class on distress inks and blending. Ooh, I'm coming over all green eyed now. It looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy the rest of the week, thinking back to a great weekend Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes, I'm with Sian. Looks like a great class and right up my street. Perhaps you'll have some little gems to pass along in March :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that a lovely time you had

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great time Karen - it's so nice to spend time with like minded folks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh oh! The shop behind you was a bit dangerous! You did well not to buy more! Looks like a fab weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time away and meeting up with a gang of like minded music fans is always good :D I might have you to show me the distress technique when we see each other soon
    L xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun weekend & some nice goodies were purchased!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...