Tuesday 2 August 2011

Not a Square - Scrapology July card challenge

This month's challenge on the Scrapology blog has been set by SJ creator of Little Musings and is to make a card in any shape except a square.  I decided to have a bash at making a heart shaped easel card for my parent's wedding anniversary next month.  I used a Creative Memories shape cutter to make my base card and then decorated it with Craft Creations papers and a Penny Black image.


The mat underneath the hedgies was embossed with a heart embossing folder.  The sentiment is Stamps Away and the sentiment mats were punched with Stampin' Up oval punches.

A close up of the hedgies


There is still time to enter the challenge as it doesn't close until 15th August.

2 comments:

  1. Karen, this IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I love the whole design, colours, shape, image! I bet they will love this card. Thanks so much for joining in with the card challenge :), good luck! :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I was looking for some inspiration on Google for an anniversary K card I've been asked to make and couldn't believe it when I came across one of your cards ... on Google (you're becoming famous for your card making obviously!)

    Love this really pretty card - could be used for so many occasions. Am wondering how you cut the hearts at the back to form the easel?

    Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...