Monday 10 October 2011

Marillion Weekend - UKS weekly challenge

Last week's challenge on UKS was to do a blue layout (no pink allowed), to have 3x3 things on the layout and to include an item that you wouldn't usually use for scrapbooking.  I decided to use one of the photographs taken of us with Marillion at their convention in the Netherlands back in March, I quickly found some papers to use (Bo Bunny Barefoot & Bliss) - the plan was to use 3 different patterned papers for one of my three things.  I then wasn't sure what to do next and was going to get my folder of sketches out when I saw this week's starting point on Shimelle's blog.  I had never done one of these before but it was perfect for my photograph.  My three items were 3 patterned papers, three ribbons (I counted my weekend wristband as one ribbon as it is made of ribbon) and three clusters of die cut stars (Sizzix nesting stars).  My item that you wouldn't usually use for scrapbooking was my wristband from the weekend, I cut the clasp off and it used as a piece of ribbon.


The title was cut using Sizzlet alpha' Wingo Zingo and the bottom of the cardstock mat was punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.

5 comments:

  1. Fab layout Karen, like the bright papers and the ribbon in the corner, great photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really gorgeous LO Karen, I love the colours and what a great way to use the wristband on the LO, its a fab take on the WC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super layout Karen, love the colour combo, very striking. Loving the use of the wristband. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout Karen, I love the colour choices and the stars and fab idea to use the wristband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Majorly different layout from what you usually do-- and definitely suits the occasion. Well done resisting the ever-present urge to use pink!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...