Sunday 14 February 2016

Happy Valentines x 3

I thought I had better share this year's Valentines offerings before it becomes the 15th.  As usual I started out with one idea and then came up with another and then ended up making three cards in the end LOL!!  Like a lot of crafters I always have doubts over whether a handmade card is as good as a large all singing and dancing shop bought one, hopefully three cards are!!

The first one is based on a jokey name I have for Mr P - my cash cow (a couple of years ago someone who knows nothing of our finances and my pension situation jibed that I treated Mr P like a cash cow - which we very quickly turned into one of our little jokes - I ask him for money and he moos at me in reply ROFL!!!!).  I have quite a few of these Penny Black cow stamps and I made my own sentiment using a Stampin' Up alphabet roller stamp.  (And I have already thought up a cow related sentiment for next year - I had better make a note of it as I have a brain like a sieve!!)


The paper is a magazine freebie and the gemstones are from Poundland, the stitched rectangle is a Memory Box die.

For card no 2 I used a free printable but sadly I haven't labelled where it came from and when the sheet was printed there was no clue on that - so if you recognise it please let me know and then I can give due credit.  Mr P loves hippos so I cut out the hippo and mounted him onto a heart embossed with a Stampin' Up folder.  Once again the sentiment was stamped with the Stampin' Up alpha' roller stamp and the paper is from Craft Creations.


I couldn't resist sticking some googly eyes on the hippo - I got a huge bag from Poundland in all different sizes and this is the first time I have thought about adding them to an image, they certainly make him look even cuter!!


And the third card is using a Digistamp Boutique digi-stamp which I then coloured in with Promarkers - I find that I have to be very careful with the colouring as we have an inkjet printer and it is very easy to smudge the ink if you aren't careful.


The papers are magazine freebies, the sentiments are from Stampin' Up 'Good Greetings' Hostess set and I coated the hearts with a layer of glossy accents to make them lovely and shiny.  The gem hearts are from Poundland.

2 comments:

  1. Cash Cow - lol & I like how Mr P will mow back at you. Yes the little personal jokes are sometimes what makes marriage SO much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is no card better than a hand made card (and that hippo card, personalised like that) proves it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...