Monday 3 October 2016

Blogtober Day 3 - Memorandum Monday

A quick dash in to join in with Sian's Memorandum Monday.

It was a weekend of pricing, packing, wrapping, finishing off, printing, float counting and general last minute prep for my fundraiser today.  There wasn't even any time to get a photograph of how dreadful our lounge looked with boxes everywhere and bags of display stuff.  And all of this was done with the Ryder Cup going on in the background, sadly we were defeated by a great American team but it was three days of great viewing.

But now I can sit here thoroughly worn out and report that it was a great success.  We raised £187 for
Children with Cancer Fund and I was given a further £225 in donations for the charity.  We had a lovely lunch out afterwards and the afternoon has been spent counting money, recounting it and recounting again just to make sure that I have got my figures right LOL!!  Some stuff has been put away but as I have another fundraiser at home in about 5 weeks time, it seems best to leave it in the boxes.  Tomorrow or Wednesday I will do a stock-take and see what I need to make - I definitely need more Christmas cards - they were selling like hot cakes today!!

A big thank you to Mr P, my parents and my friend Carol - they give me so much help and support and my fundraising is only possible with their help.




If you want to join in with Memorandum Monday, please go and give Sian a wave over at From High in the Sky



5 comments:

  1. Well done, that's an amazing total :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen that's absolutely fantastic! Congratulations: what an amazing total.

    I hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you put Richard to work making cards as you slowly ran out? (Did I just give you an idea for next time?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations, a reward for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very successful fundraiser. And I admit if I'd been there I'd have snatched up lots of your Christmas cards too - my early enthusiasm of doing all homemade this year has diminished a great deal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...