Sunday 13 November 2011

Woven Christmas card

I have been taking part this weekend in Shimelle's Christmas crafting event, one of the challenges was to make a card using a woven paper technique.  This was completely different to the usual style of card that I make but I do like to try to new things from time to time, so this is what I came up with -


I used scraps left from a Sarah's Cards December kit for 2009 - MME Colourful Christmas.  The Maya Road chipboard snowflakes were coloured with Promarkers and then glittered with Stickles.  I glued the woven background together rather than stitching like the example on the blog - it was pretty fiddly doing the first couple of strips but became easier once more strips were added - I then attached it to white Swiss Dot Bazill and pricked a border all the way round.

A close up -


I don't think I would rush to make more cards like this - they really aren't me but it was a good way to use up scraps.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous Karen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a card I really like! Especially if you get to use up some favourite scraps...! Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...