Saturday 12 November 2011

Happy 21st Birthday Milly

Today it is my dear niece/god-daughter's 21st birthday and she is away on a cruise to the Canaries - hope she is having a fabulous time and being treated like a princess today.

Ages ago I made this little tag book for her.  Just before she went away I made a little box for it so that my mum could carry it safely in her luggage.

I used kraft cardstock and stamped a hero arts butterfly in sepia ink and then glittered the butterflies with diamond stickles.  I inked all the edges with TH Vintage Photo distress ink.


I cut a tag using a Sizzix die and embellished it in the same way as the box and then added some ribbon and a tiny dragonfly charm.


I then found a lovely piece of gold tissue paper to line the box (good job I never throw stuff away!!)


I'm looking forward to her coming home as I am sure she will have lots of lovely photographs for me to scrap for her album.  Plus she will be having a horror themed fancy dress party on her return - I am busy working on my outfit and looking forward to taking lots of piccies that evening for my albums!!

3 comments:

  1. a gorgeous gift for a very lucky lady. Hope she has a great time at both events

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Karen, love the sparkliness and of course love anything with butterflies! I am sure she will love it and am looking forward to seeing your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful and beautiful gift Karen, I bet she must love it. Cannot wait to see pics and layouts of the party.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...