Saturday 24 November 2012

Trio of tags

This is my final project for Jennifer's Jumbles Frosty Festivities event

I was inspired by this post on gift tags to make a set of special gift tags.  We are on a cruise this year for Christmas with my parents and are planning on just taking a small gift for each person to open on the big day, so I want a special tag to go on my gifts.


I cut a tag using a Sizzix die and covered them with scraps of Stampin' Up paper.  I used circle punches to make a mat for the glittered alphabet monogram and then added die cuts which were a magazine freebie last year.  I tied a red ribbon bow on each candy cane and threaded a loop of bakers twine through the back and then tied the candy cane to the tag using the twine. 

The tags in close up -


Once I had started making the tags and had figured out how to attach the candy canes, they came together quite quickly.  I do have some candy canes left (I did succumb and eat a couple three) so if I get time I might make some more.

2 comments:

  1. Love the monogrammed tags and some great projects over the last few posts Karen. Sorry I haven't had time to comment on them individually. Having a catch up today.
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so cool. What a great tag with an extra gift! I hope you really enjoy your Christmas cruise, it sounds wonderful!

    Thanks for joining in the Frosty Festivities challenge! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...