Thursday 19 May 2011

Shape Up - Penny Black @ Allsorts

The challenge this month at Penny Black @ Allsorts is to Shape Up!!  You could use any card shape except square or rectangle.  I was going to make some scalloped circle cards with my nesties but then I remembered I had some card blanks that I had found when sorting out some really old stash.  They had come in one of those huge bumper boxes of Kanban stuff from QVC and must had been purchased over 6 years ago when I first started cardmaking.  So I challenged myself to see what I could do with them. 


The little bunnies were on a long stamp so I carefully cut out the individually images.  I covered the card blank with some papermania paper that was another one of my early misguided craft purchases.  The little daisies were punched from an ek success flower punch and the centres were punched using a cropadile.

A close up of the stamped images -


The mats behind the images were punched with an SU punch and then embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  The sentiments are Hero Arts. 

I enjoyed using a different shape card blank for a change and have made a second card for the challenge which I will share in another blog post.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen, well done on using the stash. I found some early papers yesterday too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Karen, love the greens, so fresh looking and perfect for the images you have used.

    Thank you for joining in our Shape Up theme theme at Penny Black at Allsorts this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thats so cute! well done on usuing up the blank. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Karen glad to see you're using up some of your old stash, think I need to take a leaf out of your book xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen and what an adorable card love how you have cut the stamp up and used each bunny seperate and the card shape is fab,thanks for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely too, lovely shape!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at
    Penny Black at Allsorts, good luck and welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute!! Love that little bunny and the paper you used is so beautiful!
    So happy you shared with us at Penny black at all sorts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...