Friday 31 May 2013

Texture and old stash

The week 19 of the 52 cards challenge was to use texture in some form on your card.  This month's card challenge on the Scrapology blog is to use stash that has been sitting around for a number of years.  I thought I had a slight problem with this as last year I was really ruthless in preparation for putting the Expedits up in the boxroom and had given away most of my oldest stash to charities and youth groups.  But this year I am on a mission to use some of my oldest stamps, embossing folders and dies, some of them have never been used (hands head in shame).  Whilst rooting around I found two birthday embossing folders that had been bought several years ago and never used and then to my shame I also found these Cuttlebug butterfly die/embossing folders also unused by me. 

So I combined the two and made these four cards - I used a pad of jewel tone Co-ordinations cardstock, a pretty old purchase that had also been sat in a drawer unloved and not cut into.






The gemstones are from The Ribbon Girl.

Thanks Scrapology for a great card challenge and there is still time to enter as it doesn't close until the 15th June.

7 comments:

  1. well done on using old stash, those butterflies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!! Especially the turquoise ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty collection of cards Karen. Thank you for joining this month's challenge.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on being ruthless and having a cull! I've given away all sorts of other stuff and SOME papers but not that many in the scheme of things ... you've put your oldest stash to great use here! I bought some Papermania card which I didn't realised was pearlised - so I can use it for card bases! I had massively underutilised my Cuttlebug butterflies, so they're some of the things I recently sold! Great job and I love the variety of colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that butterfly die and I have used it loads of times! I even cut a load out of white card and embossed them in the different folders and then stuck them with blue tack 'flying' up the wall behind my bed. Fabby cards and I am loving those embossing folders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are really pretty Karen, look so lovely in the pearlescant card xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards Karen.
    Thanks for taking part in our challenge :)
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...