Monday 4 April 2016

Supersize Me

I was lucky enough to spend the weekend at the A Trip Down Memory Lane retreat at a beautiful hotel on the Essex/Suffolk border.  I attended five fabulous classes run by the really talented design team.

Here are the layouts that I made in Mel's class which was using really large photographs paired with papers from American Crafts Shimelle Starshine range.  Luckily I had some photos from our recent cruise that I was able to scan and then get Photobox to print for me in the big sizes.

We started off by cutting up all the individual pieces on the papers and then making piles of which ones we thought went best with each photograph plus a pile that at first look didn't fit at all.  It was certainly a great way of using those cut up sheets and I don't think I will be so daunted about using them in future.  I also punched out butterflies, hearts and stars from some of the solid patterned blocks.




I have loads of pieces leftover so will look at making some layouts with the leftovers.  Thanks Mel for a great class!!

4 comments:

  1. What fab layouts Karen, such a brilliant idea on how to use those sheets, love it! Glad you had alovely weekend too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The big photos certainly dolook amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun way to spend the weekend. I like your layouts. I have been going through my stash of cuts & odd pieces of paper & trying to incorporate into home made kits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful pages - love the supersize photos! And it is best to just cut apart those sheets, isn't it. Otherwise they never seem to get picked up and plopped down on pages.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...