Thursday 16 June 2011

A Hundred Nights of Fun and Games, A Thousand Empty Glasses

The challenge this month on Sarah's Cards blog is to use your clothes as inspiration for a layout or card.  I knew straight away that I wanted to use the souvenir t-shirt from the recent Marillion convention that we attended in the Netherlands to inspire a layout about the weekend.


This is the t-shirt that inspired the layout -
Front view -


Back view -


I used Echo Park, For the Record 'Stamp of Approval' to get the postage stamp shape for the layout.  I then used navy Bazill cardstock and matted my photos onto a paler blue cardstock to match the colours of the t shirt.  My title was taken from the song lyrics on the back of the t-shirt, which I cut on the BigKick using a Sizzlet alphabet - Yarn.  I found a picture of the stamp that was used for the front of the t-shirt online and printed it out on cardstock and raised it up on foam pads as an embellishment.

There is still plenty of time to join in with the challenge as the closing date is 30th June and if you haven't recently taken a look at Sarah's Cards blog then do as it has had a bit of a makeover and the design team have been blogging some great projects and ideas.

7 comments:

  1. Fab layout Karen, really used that shirt in the layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you incorporated the image from the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun t-shirt to use as inspiration, and so definately you. I love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the challenge. nice to see a layout from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh love the inspiration you drew from the t-shirt, especially using the stamp edge effect paper! Very clever :) Thank you for playing along with our challenge Karen :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, a Marillion lyric... (puts it in the shuffle for the 30th on FB)

    I love the stamp edge and the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...