Sunday 25 July 2010

Baby Dundee Cakes

At Christmas and birthdays I often like to give people a mini cake, it was Wendy from Scrapbooks and Cookbooks who suggested using tuna tins as a baking tin (something that she had tried and tested for mini Christmas cakes).  So after going on a tuna eating binge as I needed 10 baking tins I had my tins ready - please be assured that they were thoroughly scrubbed out and had even been given a spin in my sister's dishwasher to remove all fishy whiffs LOL.  Wendy also suggested using Lakeland's cake release to grease them with and I have found it excellent, the cakes are really easy to remove from the tins afterwards.

As well as making mini dundee cakes I also do victoria sponge cakes too - the cake from one tin can be sliced in half and makes a sweet little cake to surprise someone with on their birthday.

The uncooked cake 


Hmmm these look good enough to eat


Packaged up ready to gift


The stamp on the tag is one that I got from Stampin' Up in one of the mini catalogues - I have used it loads on edible gifts as it is ideal and makes a quick and easy gift tag.

I find that both the dundee cakes and victoria sponge cakes freeze well - so I make a batch of them and defrost them as I need them - that's if Richard doesn't pinch them from the freezer LOL!

4 comments:

  1. that is such a brill idea! will be giving this a go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they do look positively yummy. Love that stamp set from SU as well, very versatile. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea Karen. I definitely will give it a go. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how organised, I always forget to save my tins lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...