Friday 12 October 2012

Who Knew - Blogtoberfest #12



My plans at the beginning of the year were to do two of Shimelle's Pretty Paper lessons per month - well a big dismal fail there as it is now October and I have only just started lesson 3.  I did lesson 2 back in April and have just realised that I haven't shared it yet.  The prompt was all about using a whole sheet of patterned paper for your page and no cardstock.

This what I did



The journalling is about how 2 years after the photograph was taken I had been off sick from work with a back injury for a year and my nursing career was over.  I'm afraid a little plain cardstock did sneak in to mat the photograph!!  And I can't get over how tiny my waist is in that photograph, not sure of the measurements but I know my uniform was a size 10 - I do still have my beautiful nursing buckle and needless to say my old belt doesn't go round my waist anymore.

Supplies -

Pebbles 'Fresh Goods'
Stamps Away journalling circle stamp
AC Thickers - coloured with Promarkers and coated in Glossy Accents


2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely page Karen - the blue papers look great with your uniform. Hope you get to Prompt number 4 at some point soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic and I wanted to be a nurse when I was little so I could have one of those fabulous belt buckles! love those papers too, I must get around to using mine lol.

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...