Friday 9 September 2011

Greenland and Iceland Adventure - Narsarsuaq, Greenland

 


Another day and another Greenland stop with an almost unpronounceable name - Narsarsuaq - thankfully the comedian came to the rescue again and christened the small town Crackerjack - much easier to say LOL!!

We got here nice and early so were able to come alongside in the harbour as we had beaten another cruise ship to the only large berth in the harbour - it was great not to have to use the tenders.  The night before had been a glorious still clear night with a sky full of stars and the northern lights!!!!  I feel very blessed as this is the second time in my life I have been able to see this amazing sight.  I am not always very  happy about my husband being a smoker but this is the one time I was pleased that he was - if he hadn't gone out onto the balcony after midnight for a last cigarette we would have missed the night time show.  I quickly rang my parents (who had already gone to bed) and they rushed up to our cabin with clothes hastily slung on over the top of PJs - they were thrilled as they had never seen them before.

There were only walking trips available in Narsarsuaq so we just went off and did our own walk along with most of the ship.


Black Watch

Moi


Baby icebergs





We left Narsarsuaq early that evening to make our way to our third Greenland stop of Nanortalik

1 comment:

  1. Wow... I've only ever seen pictures of the Northern Lights. YouTube will have to suffice for me. I wonder if anyone's captured them.

    Will you be travelling further afield to try and see the Southern Lights?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...