Friday 15 July 2011

Happy Wedding Anniversary

Today it is our 16th wedding anniversary and as usual I have made a card for my beloved.  A little bit of a change from my usual style.  I have used some lovely Kanban stamps.  I stamped the image of the couple inside a three fold aperture card and after watercolouring assembled the card using foam pads so that the aperture part of the card was raised up.  I then separately stamped the rose image and after watercolouring and glittering lightly with fruit punch stickles, I hand cut part of the design so that I could shape it around the bottom part of the aperture.  The roses and leaves are stuck down with pinflair gel to give them some dimension.  The stamped sentiment reads - 'If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I would walk through my garden forever' Tennyson.


And a close up of the roses -


Sadly we aren't doing anything special for our anniversary as R is working nights as usual, but hopefully next week we might go out for a meal.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, lovely card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous, beautiful card Karen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous Karen and happy anniversary to you both

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOOhhhh Congratulations to you both Karen :) What a beautiful card, hope you have a lovely tie whenever you manage to go and celebrate :)...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Anniversary Greetings! such a lovely card and a beautiful sentiment too!!

    What year did you marry Karen?

    we celebrate our 13th anniversary next Friday:-D
    L xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...