Friday 29 July 2011

M is for Masks - Scrapology July challenge

The challenge this month on Scrapology  was truly challenging for me - firstly I don't own any masks and secondly I am not a big fan of any form of crafting that means getting messy and inky LOL!!  But I gritted my teeth and got on with it.

This is the sketch -



As I had no masks I punched out lots of butterflies from scrap cardstock and scattered those over my page.  I didn't have a photograph that would have looked right split up so left my photograph intact.


I used Sarah's Cards May kit - My Mind's Eye 'Stella & Rose (Mabel)', the ribbon that was included was perfect for the page and so was the chipboard flower which I sprayed with the teal wash shimmer mist and further embellished with a mixture of prima e-bling and Sarah's cards gemstones.   The two shimmer mists I used were Cosmic Shimmer Mist - Bronze Blush and Teal Wash - you can find them both at Cardinal Colours.

A close up of the chipboard flower -


The butterflies that I had punched out with a Martha Stewart monarch butterfly punch were carefully lifted off the cardstock with tweezers and I will use them later as embellishments on cards and tags.  I did add two to my layout to make a double butterfly embellishment.


There is still time to have a go at this month's challenge as it does not close until 5th August.  Thankyou Scrapology for another great sketch and challenge!!

5 comments:

  1. What a super page Karen, so pleased you decided to take part ( I know how much you hate messy techniques ;) ), love the butterfly masks and thats a lovely photo too! Thanks for taking part this month :)..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking part especially as your not into messy! Lovely page, great dandelion embllishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page Karen, glad you got messy :)
    Thanks for joining in this month
    Linda
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty! I have that kit and havent used it yet, will be digging it out tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page Karen and well done on being brave and getting messy using the masks and spray ink, now go on admit it you had fun!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...