Wednesday 26 August 2015

Beat the Christmas Rush

Apologies for being a day late, my Mum had cataract surgery yesterday and it completely passed me by that it was the 25th - the months are getting faster at passing by, the closer we are getting to December.

Thank you to those who joined in last month, especially the ladies from the Wilton crop who made Beat the Christmas Rush one of their crop challenges.  Here are my favourite cards from July's BTCR -

Sarah's lovely card, I love crumbcake and cherry cobbler together -


And these lovely cards from young Rosie made at the Wilton crop - good to see the young ones joining in -


And so to my cards for this month, I haven't had much time for cardmaking this month but managed to make these quick and easy little cards.  The stamp is from Penny Black T for transparent set 'Holly Jolly' and the sentiment is from HOTP.



I coloured the image with Promarkers and the holly is die cut with I think a Joanna Sheen holly leaf die (I have put a lot of my small Christmas dies onto magnetic sheets so no longer have the original packaging).  I used Frosted Lace stickles on the stocking fur to give it some texture and the stitched mats are Memory Box dies.


If you get time do try and join in with our fun challenge to Beat the Christmas Rush - including this one there are only four BTCR left until December!!  Just add your blog link to the linky below and mention on your blog where to find BTCR.  You have until the 24th September to join in and I look forward to seeing all of your lovely inspiration - I will feature some of my favourites here next month.






4 comments:

  1. I will try and join in, and oh my what cute cute cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Mum's surgery went well.

    You are SO going to be ready for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, I do like those stitched mat dies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for choosing me, glad your Mum's surgery went well. Love your cards - so cute!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...