Wednesday 7 October 2015

Blogtober 2015 Day 7 - Getting Messy

I did this layout a while ago for a challenge set in the Sketchy Scrappers Facebook group for National Scrapbook Day.

This was the sketch from PageMaps

 The other challenge criteria were to use stash that you don't like, use flowers and make your own embellishments.

I always loved the kits that we use to get from Sarah's Cards but just every now and then there would be a kit that just didn't do it for me and the February 2012 kit was one of those.  It was based around Authentique 'Splendid' and I'm not sure why but think it might be the texture and thickness of the papers that I didn't really like.  So I grabbed this as my unloved stash and found this photo from our annual crafty getaway to Hereford.  The photo was perfect to use with the sketch with all it's ink splats as this is me getting messy with Brushos.  I don't usually like doing messy crafts but Sy brought her Brushos with her so I could have a play with them.  They are great fun and I have already shared the cards that I made with the backgrounds that I did that weekend.  Anyway Lee grabbed this photo of me working under the close eye of Sy. 

I made the flowers using a retro flower punch and a Tim Holtz leaf die.  I stamped the ink splats using a stamp from the Stampin' Up set 'Gorgeous Grunge'.  I also made my own foam Thickers using Sizzlet alpha' die 'Naturally Serif'.  I've also been colouring a doily again - the white was too stark with the cream based papers so I warmed it up using a Ivory Promarker.









2 comments:

  1. This is a great sketch to choose for papers you maybe aren't so keen on because you get to cut them into smaller pieces..what a good idea. I do love a bit of getting messy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amusing me that you made your background "splats" in a very controlled way, to document your exploits with Brushos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, I do read all of them and they are really appreciated.

Karen xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...